Monday, May 1, 2017

Thug Legacy

The title alone intrigued me and I will admit I was hooked from the get go. I haven't read much street lit/urban fiction. The closest I've gotten was Zane's "Addicted" and that definitely did not take place on the streets (just in the sheets), so I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. Thug Legacy is focuses on the younger generation of Legacy, Inc., the gang that runs the drugs in Chicago. Told through alternating perspectives of the hustling young thugs and their ladies, Thug Legacy focuses on the relationship they have with each other and their reputation in the streets. All the men have side bitches but are looking for or trying to keep their main bad bitch. Not one of the men in this book keeps his dick in his pants. NOT ONE! But the ladies are used to that kinda shit. They don't love it, they rage about it, break up with them, and make back up because they know that they're number one. Half of the bitches end up pregnant at some point (to the surprise of no one) and the men begrudgingly decided to make it work to protect their seed (no joke they kept referring to their children as their seed, over and over again). The story flows pretty well even though there are over a dozen different perspectives to read through. Lots of sex, drugs, respect, and relationship drama for sure. At the end there is a HUGE cliffhanger. So obviously you have to read the next one.... I know I will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment